Quick update this time.
In the last 4 weeks, our mold manufacturer has already provided the 1st shots of the mold, which is awesome. (see pictures at the bottom)
In the meantime, Sylvain enhanced the connectivity for the earbuds. Therefore, the spotty connectivity that a few beta testers pointed out should be resolved. We don’t see any more tuning required in the future.
At this point, the hardware and firmware of the earbuds are pretty much completed. A last checkup is required for the charging case electronics, making sure there is no surprise in the production.
The last thing to correctly assessed is the capacitive touch sensor. In the past, we used an infrared sensor. It worked great inside but when going outside, slivers of the sun’s red light would interfere with the sensor.
We did successfully test the touch sensor using a small PCB, with all the related components. We actually showed you that in July’s update, see below.
It should work pretty nicely, so we’re looking forward to provide a final release of the hardware & firmware by the next update.
Of course, it might be adjusted down the road with the molds plastic shell & approaching the production.
Take care everyone!
Touch sensor testings